PDA

View Full Version : Work Views?

sifuentes
2005-02-23, 04:14 PM
Hi, I once read in a thread here, that some people use duplicate views, one that goes into sheets and remains untouched much of the time to keep visibility settings unchanged, and the duplicate work view, which is used to do the actual work on the model, since annotations still have to be done in the other view.

I wanted to ask if this is a common practice? Or how do you deal with the fact, that as you work on the model, you need to change visibility settings, and so, you need to make sure to reset the proper settings in those views that go into sheets?

And another question would be: if you create this duplicates, would you keep them in the project, so they are always there when the project is still changing a lot? Or would you create them, use them and delete them as needed?

We are using duplicate views and keeping them, while people gets used to Revit, we have some people with little experience with the program. When we had only the view that goes into the sheet, visibility settings were not being restored, so we just created "work views" to work on the model.

Thanks,

aaronrumple
2005-02-23, 04:20 PM
Our "printed" floor plan is A-LV01.
Our "work" plan is a duplicate of that called WK.01
We model in WK.01, tun things on and off, create general havoc. This doesn't affect the visibility of A-LV01.
Of course notes, details, dimensions, tags are placed on A-LV01 as these are view dependant. (Sometimes I forget and then jsut doa cut/paste from WK.01 to A-LV01.)

While in A-LV01 using the temporary visibility settings is ok, while visibility graphics is a no-no. Of course we hae a view template as a backup when people do screw up A-LV01.