PDA

View Full Version : 2013 tagging issue with linked models

Martin Figlarz
2013-10-03, 03:40 PM
Hello,
I am having a tagging issue with a linked model and I just can't figure what is wrong. I will tag some eq./doors/ or even walls and sometimes some need to be re-tagged or re-hosted to the items. The goofy thing is the item did not change in any way, in some cases I just log out for the night and the next day they are disconnected?!?!?

Any idea's?

Revit Arch. 2013 SP3 - WIN7 x64

Cheers,
Martin

greg.mcdowell
2013-10-03, 07:45 PM
I don't know why it happens either. I've seen it when tagging element in the host model as well!

I hear the solution is to, at least for the host model elements, select all tags in the project, nudge them right, nudge them left. Sort of slap them around a little.

I think it's a horrible solution though.

cliff collins
2013-10-31, 06:47 PM
This happens when the Linked file gets unloaded, re-loaded, or even when you re-open the Host file and the Link loads up.

Because of this, I have always tried to avoid tagging linked models--instead, annotate in the model where the content resides.

I do wish that Adesk would resolve this problem though--as it is not always possible, or the best solution to annotate in the native model.

cliff collins
2013-10-31, 06:48 PM
This happens when the Linked file gets unloaded, re-loaded, or even when you re-open the Host file and the Link loads up.

Because of this, I have always tried to avoid tagging linked models--instead, annotate in the model where the content resides.

I do wish that Adesk would resolve this problem though--as it is not always possible, or the best solution to annotate in the native model.