PDA

View Full Version : Dimension - font problem

barathd
2005-02-23, 06:31 PM
I have just purchased a new Architectural Font called "Prov Draftsmen". I am unable to use the italicized font in my dimensions. No problem using it in text. Any ideas - is this not possible - why?

Regards

Dick Barath

aaronrumple
2005-02-23, 06:44 PM
Did you buy both the Prov Draftsman NDP and the Prov Draftsman NDP Italic?
(nevermind - I see that you have it for reg. text.)

barathd
2005-02-23, 07:02 PM
Tried the font in Autocad - works just fine. Half baked agian in Revit.

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-23, 07:45 PM
Tried the font in Autocad - works just fine. Half baked agian in Revit.No one can accuse you of mincing your words eh?:wink: When you are completely happy, the Revit factory will be looking for work!! :shock:

J. Grouchy
2005-02-23, 08:48 PM
Tried the font in Autocad - works just fine. Half baked agian in Revit.

I dare anyone to search through his posts and find one complimentary remark he has for Revit...

;)

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-23, 09:07 PM
I dare anyone to search through his posts and find one complimentary remark he has for Revit...;)He has, he just tends to post, like many of us, when he's dealing with something that doesn't work or annoys him. As it has been said in the thread(s) about ArchiCAD using our posts out of context, this forum is a support mechanism for many and you don't need much support for, "Wow, this program works great!!". Nice to read but... (I do agree that the tone he uses makes it harder to understand he likes the program than many other members)

barathd
2005-02-23, 09:49 PM
I use Revit to the best of my ability - yes it is frustrating at times - especially when essential items have been left UNCOMPLETED - as I believe in this case. Cheer leading will not rectify these problems. As an old philosophy professor of mine once told me - if you don't have an opinion no one is interested. I don't believe I need to repeat the obvious -Revit is a wonderful program - please just fix these glitches.

Regards

bclarch
2005-02-23, 10:01 PM
I use Revit to the best of my ability - yes it is frustrating at times - especially when essential items have been left UNCOMPLETED - as I believe in this case. Cheer leading will not rectify these problems. As an old philosophy professor of mine once told me - if you don't have an opinion no one is interested. I don't believe I need to repeat the obvious -Revit is a wonderful program - please just fix these glitches.

Regards
It's not what you say it's the way that you say it.

J. Grouchy
2005-02-23, 10:06 PM
I never really cared for cheeleaders ("REVIT is great!!!!!!")...you just usually come across 'sounding' bitter, as if some fool is actually making you use this worthless software.

barathd
2005-02-23, 10:51 PM
No explanations for the glitch?

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-23, 10:59 PM
No explanations for the glitch?Looks like an independant font maker? Best to discuss this with him to find out. Did you buy his True Type for windows version? If so are you sure that is the one you received. Have you seen the recent thread about Open Type Fonts? If that is what this font is it must be made in a specific way to work with Revit. FAQ thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=15213)

barathd
2005-02-23, 11:17 PM
Steve:

My bet is that its got something to do with how Revit has implemented Windows. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the font it works in any and every other application (including Autocad). This is IMHO a Revit - Windows thing.

Regards

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-23, 11:54 PM
...This is IMHO a Revit - Windows thing...I understand your point of view, but in light of what Chris Mahoney said about Open Type versus True Type and that this is a third party font I'd definitely at least talk to the folks that made the font. I'm not suggesting that Revit should do nothing and that you shouldn't talk to Revit support to get them to look at it. Are you interested in getting it resolved or just at yelling at Revit? If you don't need to buy the Italic version of the font to use italic in every other application, why is there an italic version of the font?