PDA

View Full Version : Bad resolution w/ color fill

mtogni
2003-11-11, 11:33 AM
Hi all,
I noticed drawings w/ color fill degrade to a bad resolution when printed. Am I missing something or it is a bug?
Thx in advance.

aggockel50321
2003-11-11, 12:20 PM
Have not experienced that problem here. When you print what are you setting # of colors to in the printer setup dialog? That may be the problem if you are using something other than "printer settings"

sbrown
2003-11-11, 02:43 PM
Are you printing raster or vector? What printer are you printing too? make sure the print settings are set to printer setings, not black and white.

mtogni
2003-11-11, 04:47 PM
Ok, I leave printer settings. The printer is a HP DesingJet 1050C and I'm printing vector...

mailtomac1860
2004-01-17, 03:07 AM
i have similar problem

in (shaded) ,-hatch patterns(drafting or model) will not print on hp812c (16,256, printer) (raster) w/ callouts on sheet

only (hidden line) prints hatches (only w/ vector setting)

also lose hatches on shaded w/ oce 9800 driver on plots from repro-shop(reprodesk)(oce9800)

winxp

??? max :?:

beegee
2004-01-17, 04:16 AM
also lose hatches on shaded w/ oce 9800 driver on plots from repro-shop(reprodesk)(oce9800)

This FAQ may help for the Reprodesk problem :-

Problem:

How to plot to ReproDesk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution:

If the 'prn' file has been changed to a 'plt' file and the processing of the file still produces a black screen, then change the pen setting, once the file has been sent to Reprodesk, from 'standard' which is the default to 'asinfile pen'.

RE The HP problem:
The most common fix is to install the latest drivers.

If you do a search for " HP*" in this forum, you will find a swag of topics to read through.

mailtomac1860
2004-01-20, 12:32 AM
i dont plot a black screen, i plot everything normal except no hatches
if model(underlay) is set to wireframe, then hatches plot, but this is not what i want
in most cases i want model as hidden line or shaded (underlay or normal)
(again, these are callouts, with detail overlaid, on sheets)
my drafting views on sheets are ok, but i dont display model on drafting views
what's the best technique here?
i'll ask if they can change from "standard" to "asinfile pen"
"vector (usually faster)" is considerably slooowwwer for me when there is a lot of detail
however, vector setting prints hatch patterns on my deskjet
im not sure if i understand what to expect from these settings
which FAQs should i be reading?

thanks much
mac

beegee
2004-01-20, 12:41 AM
which FAQs should i be reading?

This is the FAQ link (revit.autodesk.com/pillar/custserv/web/service/support_4.0/faq_navigator/index.asp)

Martin P
2004-01-20, 09:21 AM
We get the same problem here, using a HP 1050c, it only started in release 5.1 (it looks like those FAQ are for release 4.0 are they??) it didnt do it before then.... for some reason any views that are shaded with edges are printed as low res rasters even though I have told Revit to print as vector... if anyone finds a solution to this anywhere please post it here!!

beegee
2004-01-20, 10:20 PM
it looks like those FAQ are for release 4.0 are they??

Steve Burri wrote
The Autodesk Revit Knowledge Base is in the process of being updated to reflect information on the latest release. Most of the most critical issues (regarding installation and licensing) have already been updated and are available for use.