PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revit walls Autojoin

jeekman
2013-10-14, 07:51 PM
Okay now why does Revit autojoin all walls you place and than calculates those walls wrong. This is really really sad. Please look at the attachment.

So in real life i've got a wall of 2000mm and two walls of 900mm

But magically revit calculates 2400mm for the wall because it is joined to the centre of the other walls at the side.

This results in that I have to "disallow join" every single wall

And how do I explain this to a contractor when I forget to do this a couple of times.

If somebody has a proper explaination for this he or she can have my leather trousers for free!

david_peterson
2013-10-15, 08:23 PM
I guess I'd need more info on the what and the why. Is it your intention to give the contractor a schedule that shows the length of every wall individually (ie panelized walls) for him to pre-fab. Or are you simply giving a contractor a rough guess for a bill of materials? Revit is going to join them if they are the same material. I believe if you make them different materials (cmu1, cmu2, cmu3....) you might be able to get around it, but then nothing joins.
Also what version are you using. In 2014 I believe they added some more options walls and materials that might be helpful.