PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Glitch

stuntmonkee
2005-02-23, 09:40 PM
Created a window schedule, then changed a level name, and it didnt update in the schedule untill i deleted it and then re-created it.

Not a big deal if you catch it up front and you dont have a complicated schedule, but i could see it sucking down the road.

beegee
2005-02-23, 10:03 PM
I've seen that happen, but if the file was saved and later reopened, it forced the schedule to update at that stage, so a delete / redo isn't required. ( A refresh doesn't do it, nor does a print preview, but I didn't try a print at the time )

Not good.

I'd like to hear what the factory have to say about this.

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-23, 10:07 PM
I'm curious, any filters involved in the problem schedules?

beegee
2005-02-23, 10:08 PM
Not in mine.

aaronrumple
2005-02-23, 10:15 PM
Possible related - I had a perspective today and changed a wall in elevation from EFIS to brick (type change). The perspective showed the EFIS even after a refresh. Even printed with the EFIS in perspective and brick in elevation. Close/Open updated the view.

stuntmonkee
2005-02-23, 11:08 PM
yeah, no filters involved, just a basic schedule. If a open and close on the file works then no biggie. Just a small snag that I can deal with.

EDIT: assume you mean " filters"

beegee
2005-02-24, 12:01 AM
Actually I think it is a biggie, because it means that the incorrect information could be printed out on a schedule without knowing.

Very un-Revit.

stuntmonkee
2005-02-24, 12:04 AM
Actually I think it is a biggie, because it means that the incorrect information could be printed out on a schedule without knowing.

Very un-Revit.

I stand corrected

beegee
2005-02-24, 12:12 AM
Sorry, but I was a bit annoyed when this happened the other day. As we know, Revit prompts you to rename corresponding levels and views when you rename a level and that should be sufficient to update the schedule view.

It looks a bit like a bug to me, but I'm waiting to hear what the factory says.

I stand corrected

bowlingbrad
2005-02-24, 01:56 PM
...from EFIS to brick (type change)...

We are experiencing something similar. We changed the surface pattern of a brick wall and it did not update the views. We didn't think of closing and reopening. This will be our next course of action before putting in a support request.

Brad