PDA

View Full Version : Help again please-wall joins and windows

johnm.72642
2005-02-23, 09:54 PM
Ok, still new to Revit, not as much as yesterday though. :grin: I have a couple of issues here that I have been searching and beating my head against the wall over. One, my wall joins in elevation views don't show correctly. When I try 'edit wall joins' it won't let me select the 'miter' option; only the 'butt' option. Number two: I am trying to place windows. I can place them okay as far as location, but they won't show up in the elevation views, only in the 3d views. I know I am probably missing something simple, I have made sure the visibility settings for windows are checked in 'visibility graphics' and I even ran back through the pertinent sections of the tutorials I did previously and can't figure it out. I think most of the problem resides in knowing the terminology to use when I'm searching around. I would really appreciate a hand here. I have to give a presentation and recommendation on the purchase of this program in a few days and I would love to have a 'fairly' accurate model of one of our current projects to show; I chose our simplest building on purpose here. Thanks!

eldad
2005-02-24, 06:55 AM
Hey Mate,
Would be good to know what kind of wall you are using, are you trying to join same walls? if they are 2 different walls, do they have the same priority as in 1,2,3,4,5?

johnm.72642
2005-02-24, 03:00 PM
Eldad,

thanks for the reply, using a slightly modified version of the brick & cmu on metal stud wall. Yes they are all the same type of walls. Actually, I found the answer last night and was going to post my findings this morning. I know this isn't news to anyone else probably, but I was trying anything I could think of and when I clicked on the head of the arrow for the west view in my first floor layout, the line that depicts the section view line appeared....right in the middle of my building. What I was seeing, I learned, was a cross section of the building and I was looking at the inside of the east wall which I had not put windows into yet. Simple solution I guess, but since I am still working with a trial, I have a lot to learn and I didn't even know that option was there! What do you mean by priority by the way? Something else I'm not familiar with. I tried to get in earlier and check that out in help, but we are having some server issues and I couldn't get to the project directory. As soon as it's back up, I'm moving this to my desktop. Also, I have a crown-moulding style EIFS sweep at the top of my walls. On the wall sections that are taller than the others, I did a sweep return in my south elevation view; however, this modification did not show up in any other view. Why is this? Did I miss a seeting somewhere? I selected the wall, and used the option on the toolbar to modify it if that makes any difference. Thanks again to everyone for all of your help. I'm really enjoying Revit and the group, two great products!