PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Fliter button does not display in ribbon

sjsl
2013-10-21, 08:40 PM
Anyone come across this item:
in Revit13 (or any release for that matter) when you select more than one item the filter button will display in the ribbon. On one machine so far, it does not and can only be activated from the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Any takers?

dkoch
2013-10-22, 01:15 PM
Does the machine with the issue have the Update Release 3 installed? If not, does the machine use Windows 8 or has .NET Framework 4.5 been installed (if you installed Revit 2014, it would have 4.5)? If so, there is a known issue with contextual ribbon panels in Revit 2012 and 2013 after .NET Framework 4.5 is installed. Update Release 3 should solve the issue in 2013. There is a hotfix for 2012.

david_peterson
2013-10-22, 06:32 PM
I've had this happen as well. Have all updates available installed. Windows display set to Non Aero theme. One thing I did find that has been known to "fix" the issue is to "restore down, then maximize you window again. (ie go tiled then back to max) Sometimes that "resets" the ribbon panels.
I won't say this will work all the time, but i've gotten it to work several times. Not sure of the cause, but the only sure fire way I know to fix it is to close down revit completely and then re-launch and re-open file.