PDA

View Full Version : 2014 is there a way to bend walls?

vanderloo5
2013-10-22, 03:27 PM
I'm looking in wall modifiers in the help files to find a way to bend walls. I have a face wall that tapers from the mid point to the ceiling. I would like to create return walls that bend with the taper. See the attached image. The fireplace wall is already in place but needs 2 side return walls that bend with the taper.
Thank You

jsteinhauer
2013-10-22, 08:40 PM
create a mass and place walls on the face of the mass. Only way that I can think of to accomplish what you're asking.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

Mike L Sealander
2013-10-23, 12:29 PM
Another option is to create walls as in-place components. Assuming this fireplace is the only location where you need these "bent" walls, I would make in-place extrusions and assign a brick material to them. In fact, with a fireplace you might even build the whole thing as an in-place family. The system family "Wall" is a great tool in Revit, but not everything that looks like a wall should be modeled as a Wall. Having said that, if you are going to schedule your walls or do a material take-off for brick walls, you might need to use the Wall system family like Jeff is describing.