PDA

View Full Version : Editing In Place Family Problem

Allen Lacy
2003-11-11, 07:05 PM
I am trying to modify an in-place family of modillion (dentils) blocks from a project I started months ago. When I go to edit the family I get the message "Changes to this Group are only allowed during Edit Group mode. Edit Group and make the change again." But when I click on the family, there are no group options (edit group, ungroup, etc) available. Anyone come across something like this before?

Ed.: Added images.

beegee
2003-11-11, 09:14 PM
Hi Allen,

This may sound silly, but click on the family to put it in edit mode, then select and click on one of the modillions. Does that bring up the edit group dialogue ?

Scott D Davis
2003-11-11, 09:23 PM
Did you create an in-place family, then array the dentil within the family editor? The array will create a group. Click on the family, then click the edit family button (shows up in your first JPG), then highlight the array group and perform the change.

bclarch
2003-11-11, 09:30 PM
Off topic.

Allen,
What font are you using for your notes? It is one of the most "freehand" looking architectural fonts that I've seen.

Allen Lacy
2003-11-11, 09:32 PM
Scott, you got it. I had done an array within the family editor. Then to compound things, I had copied them from west elev. to east elevation out of the family editor. I think that I will have to delete the copied ones and start fresh. Thanks guys.

Allen Lacy
2003-11-11, 09:38 PM
Robert, it's called ARchitxt. I found it somewhere as a freebie. I haven't been able to find it again(copyrighted to Digital Architect Sofware Company-can't find them either). I have had some problems with it, though. I doesn't work when creating plot files.

sbrown
2003-11-11, 09:48 PM
We use ARchitxt to, if you load all of these it is one of them.

bclarch
2003-11-11, 09:51 PM
Thanks Scott.