PDA

View Full Version : Design Options and Demolition

steve430227
2013-10-25, 07:03 PM
So I have a small office building, and would like to display 2 different design options. Option 1 demolishes 1 part of the building and Option 2 demolishes a different part. How do I set the 2 different demo areas on 2 different design options??Thanks!!Using Revit 2014. Steve

LP Design
2013-10-31, 05:45 PM
I've never tried it myself, but I would guess that you have to make the existing features a part of each design option, then set them to be demolished in the next phase. That way you can have plans set up to show existing, demo option 1, demo option 2, new 1, and new 2. You will have to play with the view settings for both the design options and the phase filters.

brettdos498155
2014-01-09, 06:08 PM
I've never tried it myself, but I would guess that you have to make the existing features a part of each design option, then set them to be demolished in the next phase. That way you can have plans set up to show existing, demo option 1, demo option 2, new 1, and new 2. You will have to play with the view settings for both the design options and the phase filters.

Yes, this is one way to do it, however if you have existing elements that you wish to get rid of in a design option this is the method I use:

Create a corresponding design phase to your design option and create / demolish things in this phase in their properties. This keeps them isolated from everything else in the model. I also find this is the best way to move doors and windows around as well.

You can then set your phase filter in a separate view with the design option active to keep everything neat and tidy.

Hope that helps.