PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Isometric Dimensions

MikeJarosz
2013-10-31, 09:23 PM
This is a workstation standard drawn and dimensioned in Revit. The designer doesn't like the slant of the text. It should match the iso angle more closely. Is there a way to improve the graphics? I suggested the slash be replaced with a dot, which would help a lot, but the TTF text may not be so flexible. Acad got around this by having internal fonts that could be manipulated by the view. Any suggestions?93871

Steve_Stafford
2013-10-31, 09:48 PM
I think you are seeking the Oblique setting in AutoCAD? No equal in Revit that I'm aware of. You could try creating a new type that uses Italic, which will tilt the font a bit. Try a different font and in this case it looks like the scale of the view isn't well suited for the information shown in the image. It might look better if the scale was increased to something more like an enlarged detail would be?

damon.sidel
2013-11-01, 01:41 PM
WARNING: Rant!

The designer doesn't like the slant of the text.

I get it, I really do. I'm a designer first and a Revit user second. And I'd like to believe I am just as discerning as the next person. However, these types of requests can waste SO much time. My criteria for this would be: does it affect the legibility, clarity, or design intent of the information being represented? Usually the answer is no.

That said, I'm not against this conversation. Figuring out how to bend software to your will is usually a valuable endeavor in-and-of-itself. I guess I've just gotten a lot of these kinds of request lately.

greg.mcdowell
2013-11-01, 10:40 PM
Short answer, yes. Long answer, not worth it (I see custom fonts relative to each angled dimension which means multiple dimension types/etc.).