PDA

View Full Version : 2013 ODD WALL BEHAVIOR WHEN "WRAPPING AT INSERTS - BOTH" IS PICKED

bill_allen_21422292
2013-11-04, 05:34 PM
I'm having some very odd behavior in one of our models that I was hoping someone could bring some clarity to (see attached). I have a user that has applied the "wrap at inserts" parameter to "both" for an interior partition. Three odd things are happening in plan when this is applied.

1. We lose the layering of materials (gyp, stud, gyp) It just shows the wall extents
2. A wall hatch/poche is applied to the wall as if we are cutting through a solid gypsum board
3. The adjacent walls do not clean up.

My understanding is that wrapping at inserts should only apply where doors, windows, etc. are cut through. I've checked the extents of the wall vertically, view range, etc., and nothing is out of place. I've confirmed that "disallow join" isn't checked.

I can't seem to find anything online that discusses this sort of behavior. Have you seen it before?

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-04, 06:51 PM
Wrapping at inserts is also dependent on the families used. Each door or window family can have two reference planes that use the Wall Closure parameter, one for exterior and the other for interior. This gives us some measure of control over how far into the wall each finish layer can wrap. I don't think that setting alone should be producing everything you describe but you'd need to post a copy of the model (stripped down to what you show in the image for example) to be able to look at the specific conditions.