PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Transfering Key Schedule Values?

bart438099
2013-11-04, 10:27 PM
Is it possible to transfer Key Schedule values from one project to another? I couldn't find a way. I tried copying the key schedule from a sheet in one project to a sheet in another project, but the pastes schedule didn't have some of the values I was trying to bring over in it, and they weren't even able to be selected in the available fields from the key schedule. Felt like the key schedule didn't reconnect with the correct things in the new project. Now that I think about it, I didn't try deleting the original key schedule in the new project first.

More detailed info - this is a key schedule for an occupant load calculating area plan. I had added a field so it automatically titles the area types when you select a use type for the areas.

bart438099
2013-11-05, 01:29 AM
After my original post, I did discover that if you delete the Key Schedule in the new project, it will let you paste in a key schedule that includes its values. I assume this has something to do with only 1 key schedule being able to define values at one time.

jsteinhauer
2013-11-07, 02:28 PM
Hi Bart,

You are correct. You can only use one Key Parameter to control a set of parameters. You can create another Key Schedule for that category, but the parameters from the first Key Schedule will not be available. You could try a third party app, to transfer the values without deleting the original.

Cheer,
Jeff S.