PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Material Properties & Finish List

dobrodrummer
2013-11-06, 07:26 PM
Is there a way for Revit to create a finish list (listing manufacturer, product, color, size, rep contact) that can be linked up with the material properties? I have tried to make one work with the material take-off, but I am not able to show the additional information I need (size of tiles, grout or welding rod colors, etc.)

amorie
2013-11-08, 04:12 AM
See the attached doc. 93939

dobrodrummer
2013-11-08, 03:48 PM
This is fantastic - exactly what I am looking for!

Is there a way to edit thie information when a material has not yet been used in the project, or, is it only once you "paint" the material the finish will appear in the materials takeoff list ad you can edit the additional informaiton (location, rep contact, size, etc.)?

Also, is there a way to add finishes that are being used on the project that may not be "painted" within the model (ex. cubical curtains)

greg.mcdowell
2013-11-09, 01:05 AM
check out David Baldacchino's work here - http://do-u-revit.blogspot.com/2011/10/immaterial-i-don-think-so.html

amorie
2013-11-09, 07:05 AM
With the technique I've outlined, the materials contain all the parameters needed to hold the information. You can enter the info either through the materials editor (ugh) or directly in the schedule. The key to getting the material to list in the schedule is the application of a material to the generic family element (thus is has been used in the project), and the filter. Once it shows up in the schedule, it can be edited anytime.