PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Scope Boxes Linked Models Disapearing Views

dfi
2013-11-07, 11:39 AM
We have a multi building residential project where we have all the building linked into a single model where we generate all of our sheets. We have used scope boxes for all of the models to rotated and control the scope of the view. This works great for the plans, but we have run into an issue for the elevations. Some appear fine with the scope box enabled and others are not visible. I can turn off the section box and the elevation view is still not visible, but if I change the far clip offset to a value much higher than necessary the view mysteriously appears. I have been through all the scope box settings and have not been able to resolve the issue. I have tried to create new views and this still does not resolve the issue. It is just weird.

david_peterson
2013-11-07, 06:03 PM
This is going to sound odd, but try changing the setting on the clip. I'm not sure what your set at now, but try using the "clip without line" option. I know in sections I've run into things not showing up when using the clip with line option.
Hope this helps.

dfi
2013-11-07, 10:32 PM
Yes, that was the problem. I never expected that to be the source of the issue. Thanks for your help.

david_peterson
2013-11-07, 10:38 PM
I don't get it either. I've never really understood why or for what reason it does it, but it does.
Glad I could help.