PDA

View Full Version : Wall hatching in cross sections - repeat question

Kroke
2003-11-12, 02:58 AM
I asked this a long time ago, but I can't remember if it was on here or the newsgroup.

Anyhow, I'll remember it this time :)

How do I turn off the solid hatch in the walls in section where the insulation goes? I know it can be done, I've done it before but I can't remember how. I just want it solid white and not grey.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
~Kroke

beegee
2003-11-12, 03:02 AM
Hi Kroke,

Go to Settings > Materials, select the insulation and then select "None" for the cut pattern.

Kroke
2003-11-12, 07:24 AM
Beegee,
There was a setting under the VV properties, some kind of an override I remember doing, I think Zoog showed me how to do it if I remember correctly.

Here is an image as to what's going on:
http://home.bendcable.com/draftsman/Clip.jpg

beegee
2003-11-12, 07:28 AM
Can't think of anything under VV offhand.

Is the view set to coarse ? with the wall pattern set under the wall props to show this fill pattern ? If so, change to medium or fine detail.

Is the phasing set to show existing/new in a graphic over-ride tone ? If so, set phase filter to none.

shaunv68276
2003-11-13, 08:51 AM
in section view goto visibility graphics select walls and at the bottom right
tick cut pattern colour and change that to white. This applies a model patern overide. sorted :lol:

Kroke
2003-11-14, 07:35 AM
YES!!! That was it, DOH!

Thank you!

Wes Macaulay
2003-11-14, 04:54 PM
This is a great tip, since you can use it to make great looking design sections and plans. I don't know if I've taught anyone this in our classes...

<ducking to avoid bricks>

PS: only works when the view's Detail Level is set to Coarse.

Allen Lacy
2003-11-14, 05:05 PM
I think we need a tip of the day/week/month. This one gets my vote.

Henry D
2003-12-08, 11:46 AM
I would like to show a typical section where there are both framed walls and concrete walls with the concrete walls having a cut pattern but the framed walls appear without any hatching. The problem arises when I set the cut fill pattern in visibility graphics to white then the concrete walls lose their pattern as well as the framed walls. The way I have worked around this in the past is to go to the material of the wood stud and change pattern to none, just before plotting my sections, but this is not a very efficient way. Other than using fill regions to show conc. hatch patterns in the sections is there a better way to do this? I should add that the reason this whole problem arises is because I want keep the walls filled in the plan views.

beegee
2003-12-08, 09:36 PM
Henry,

Have all the plan views set to coarse, with the walls set to display solid fill in coarse view.

Set the section view to Medium and under materials, set the framed walls to have no cut pattern and the concrete to display concrete hatch.

That should do it.

Henry D
2003-12-09, 03:00 AM
Thanks for your help Beegee,

I forgot to mention the reason I'm having problems with this is that I am trying to keep my plan views as "fine" because I want the finishes to show in the walls. My walls have different finish thicknesses and even though the plans are at 1/4" I like to show the finishes. Is there a way to achieve what I am after in the sections and maintain the plan views as "fine"?

beegee
2003-12-09, 03:07 AM
Can you then set the section view to Coarse and the framed walls to display no cut pattern in coarse view and the concrete to display a concrete pattern in coarse view ? Plans stay in Fine detail.

It would be helpful if we could control control the display properties of all views, not just coarse.