PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Straight Mullions on Curved mass?

rob.127056
2013-11-08, 10:32 PM
I am trying to attach a curtain system to a curved mass.
Anyone know how I can get the mullions to be vertical and horizontal and not curved? Attached image is an elevation.
Thanks.

greg.mcdowell
2013-11-09, 01:03 AM
If I understand what you're doing you'll have to use the conceptual mass editor, Divided Surfaces, and (here's the key) Intersects. I'm sure there are better people (like Zach Kron at http://buildz.blogspot.com/) who can guide you as to the specifics better than I can.

damon.sidel
2013-11-11, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that the mullions are straight. Curtain Systems cannot create curved mullions or panels. If you reduce the number of grid lines in both directions, you'll see the Curtain System start looking more faceted. Right now, you just have enough divisions that it appears curved.

Or are you asking for something completely different? Like the system to look stepped at each level with the vertical mullions in the Z-direction, not tilted, for example?

dhurtubise
2013-11-12, 10:20 AM
Damon is absolutely right. Revit will never create curve panel or mullion on it's own.
If you are creating the Curtain System in the project it will follow the curvature of the mass. But if you need to keep full control of the division then you have to do it in the Family Editor with, like Greg mentionned, Intersect

rob.127056
2013-11-12, 02:50 PM
I don't need curved panels or mullions.
What I want is when I select the curved surface for a Curtain System I want the vertical mullions to be vertical not converging and I want the horizontal mullions to be horizontal.

damon.sidel
2013-11-12, 03:22 PM
In which case, you probably need to use the Conceptual Massing tools. Is this what you want?
http://buildz.blogspot.com/2010/07/orthogonal-on-placement-making-brick.html

So Greg was right all along...

rob.127056
2013-11-12, 08:49 PM
If I divide the surface by Intersects wont I be forced to use Curtain Panel Pattern Based curtain panels instead of a curtain system?

damon.sidel
2013-11-12, 10:12 PM
Yes, you'll have to use a Curtain Panel Pattern Based family. Check out the post. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but so far that's the only solution we've come up with...