PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Structural Column Overlap and Display

saeborne
2013-11-11, 08:17 PM
Hi All. I am encountering an odd behavior regarding the visibility of structural columns. When a wall overlaps a structural column, the column "wins" in terms of visibility. Meaning I see the whole column, and only part of the wall. This is exactly as expected.

However, when furniture overlaps a structural column, the furniture is "winning." I've checked the modeled heights of the columns, and they are indeed taller than the furniture. Please see the following link, for a screen capture of the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/zG7MTbZ.jpg

I feel like this is a new phenomenon. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

saeborne
2013-11-11, 08:20 PM
Ok. I figured it out. It was something about the way the furniture was modeled. That overhead cab was too tall, and it was messing with the column visibility. That said, it's odd to me that the column loses in any situation.

david_peterson
2013-11-14, 04:39 PM
You should be able to fix that in 2014. in 2014 you can change the priority based on material I believe. So based on material, you can have an over all winner, 2nd place and 3rd place all based on what you want to win.
Disclaimer.
I haven't played much with 2014 yet, so I might be missing something.