PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mysterious wall in front of cut planes

virtualr180908397267
2013-11-12, 09:39 PM
Dear All,

We are creating bathroom types for projects and built each type in .rfa which we intend to load them back into positions on the floor plans. We put together bathroom components for each bathroom type including tiling walls.

However, when we finally make sections for our bathroom sheets the tiling walls appear in our sections and obscure all the fixtures. We created sections which should not include the tiling wall but it still blocks the view.

We include screenshots with this post. Any one has any idea how to solve this problem?

Many Thanks in advance.
DSS

dhurtubise
2013-11-13, 09:35 AM
Can you post the file?

DaveP
2013-11-13, 02:53 PM
Since you can't have actual Revit Walls in a family, my guess would be that you made those "tiling wall" components starting from either the Plumbing Fixtures or the Specialty Equipment family template.
Neither of those Categories is cuttable.
Look in the Object Styles in your project and you'll see that the "Cut" Column is grayed out.

Why? You wouldn't want your section to slice through a Toilet.

You'll probably need to change the Catgegory of the tiling wall components to Generic Model

jsteinhauer
2013-11-13, 03:09 PM
The 'Wall' is actually a Furniture family. Personally, I do not like the approach of creating families for 'Standard' room layouts. This is something that is best done in a project environment, grouped then copied into a live project. I would re-evaluate if this is the approach to take for standard/typical room layouts.

The reason why your having trouble is that since the family is build with nested components, when you cut part of the family, it is going to try to show you the extents of the family. In your section, your trying to look at the tub. But you're actually seeing the tile wall adjacent to the toilet. If you've ever tried to use an In-Place family for trim, you would have experienced this.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

virtualr180908397267
2013-11-15, 10:25 PM
Thank you very much Dave. Your suggestion works! It made a different.:beer: Thanks also to all who replied.