PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revisions on Sheet dialog box is broken

gregb
2013-11-12, 11:22 PM
One of my users asked me why the revisions aren't showing up in the revision schedule in the title block of a project made with our new 2014 template. After much searching I discovered that the Revisions on Sheet dialog box in our template is broken. The problem is that I have no idea how to fix it. The attached images show how it is supposed to work (right.png) and what we're getting (wrong.png).

The title block is just about the only thing I didn't make from scratch when making the new template but I don't think it's an issue with the family because if I insert it into the default Architectural template it works fine. What the heck is going on here?

irneb
2013-11-14, 07:32 AM
Ouch! That looks weird! Does it only happen on this one PC? Or on multiple PC's when opening this project? Or some other combination?

Can you place a dummy rev cloud and set it to a revision sequence number? I actually prefer this way, as it now becomes a copy-paste to add the revision to multiple sheets. IMO much easier than this dinky-toy dialog which only works on one sheet at a time.

gregb
2013-11-14, 02:55 PM
The problem happens everywhere. It doesn't matter if there's clouds or not. The schedule will not populate.

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-15, 01:29 AM
Are there views on the sheet?

gregb
2013-11-15, 01:50 AM
It doesn't matter if there are views on the sheet. The problem is always there.

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-15, 01:57 AM
Did someone issue the revisions?

gregb
2013-11-15, 02:21 AM
No, but it doesn't matter what the status of the revision is. There's a disconnect between the revision management dialog box and the schedule that is preventing it from being populated.

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-15, 03:26 AM
Can you post your template? Is that the only place this happens? Before you start a new project with it?

gregb
2013-11-15, 05:26 PM
I had to strip it down quite a bit to get the file size down but here it is.

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-15, 06:17 PM
Well, I have to agree. It's broken. I'd submit it to Autodesk Support so they can see if they can determine what has been done to compromise the revision feature in the file.