PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Fence on site

adam444899
2013-11-20, 04:18 PM
This might seem like a basic question, but here goes: I am drawing a fence on a site. I want the fence to show up as a wall in 3D views; but as a dashed fence-line in plan views. I can get it to show up like this in my site plan Revit model by using Graphics overrides in the plan views there. But the site plan Revit model is linked into a building model and I can't get the graphics to show up correctly in the linked model.

Am I missing something?

cdatechguy
2013-11-20, 05:29 PM
I use a curtain wall system....Its been a while, but I seem to recall adding an annotation symbol to a mullion profile so that it can be seen on plans and I would just turn off the mullions in VG...

MikeJarosz
2013-11-22, 10:35 PM
I did a fence as a railing. Couldn't solve adding a gate, though.

dkoch
2013-11-26, 07:58 PM
You could set up a view in your site model that has all of the graphics you want to see in your building model (and none of the things you do not want to see) and then, after linking the site model into your building model, you can override the graphics for the linked site model, set it to be by linked view and select the view you set up.

nharburger
2013-11-27, 07:09 PM
I like to use line based families for fences. This still gives you the 3d geometry you want, but allows you to completely hide it and just show a symbolic line type in plan views. A line based family would also allow you to model the fence structure via parametric array. A gate could be made optional at the tail end of any line through an instance parameter / visibility checkmark (set default to "not visible")