PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revit 2014 - Combining phases in different order

arj408329
2013-11-21, 10:12 AM
Hi,

I need to combine phases in different order. See attachment.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks

glynnis.patterson
2013-11-22, 04:14 PM
In my view you should not have the Demo phases at all. Demo is a condition that would occur during a phase. I recommend combining Demo 1 with Construction 1 and combining Demo 2 with Construction 2.

CADastrophe
2013-11-22, 04:28 PM
I agree with Glynnis. To expand on this, Revit handles demolition with Phase Filters and the parameters "Phase Created" and "Phase Demolished" that exist on all model elements. Your first Phase "Construction 1" will handle all work done in that Phase, both NEW and DEMO.

For example, some Walls and an existing sink are being demolished in "Construction 1". For those elements, one would select them and set their 'Phase Created' to "Existing" and their 'Phase Demolished' to "Construction1". To display a "Demo View" properly, create a Floor Plan View and set 'Phase' to "Construction1" and 'Phase Filter' to "Show Previous + Demo". The default Phase Filters will take care of the appearance of the elements based on whether they are existing or demo, and it will hide all new elements.

If those wall are being reconstructed, then separate Wall elements should be created and the 'Phase Created' should be set to "Construction1" and the 'Phase Demolished' set to "None". In the "New Work View", set 'Phase' to "Construction1" and 'Phase Filter' to "Show Previous + New", and now only the existing and new elements will show. Again, the appearance of these elements will be taken care of by the Phase Filter.

This is a very common topic for confusion so if anything doesn't make sense, don't hesitate to ask!