PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Calculated Value in Schedule Parameter is greater then nothing

jsteinhauer
2013-11-21, 07:46 PM
Hello All,

I am trying to write a Calculated Value parameter in a schedule to verify it a parameter has a text value greater then ""(nothing). I keep getting an "Improper use of boolean expressions" error. I am trying to count the empty text parameters to give me an idea of the amount of missing data.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking this isn't possible in Revit and I need to export it out to Excel for this type of calculation.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

CADastrophe
2013-11-21, 07:54 PM
Text and Text Parameters cannot be used in formulaic conditional statements in Revit. That would be too easy.

jsteinhauer
2013-11-21, 08:09 PM
Thanks Cory,

I can do it in Excel with no problems. Now I just need to get IT support to purchase, download & install an approved PO for needed 3rd party application to take it out to Excel.
Just another instance of being held up by someone else.

Jeff S.

CADastrophe
2013-11-21, 08:19 PM
But until final approval, you can open the Schedule View and under the Application menu go to Export > Report > Schedule, and save it as a tab delimited .txt file, and then from Excel, use "From Text" on the Data tab of the Ribbon to import that .txt file.