PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Revit - Architecture - Revit screen view not the same as the view plotted to .pdf

ROBP-RDS
2013-11-21, 08:54 PM
Hi! I just noticed the view in my Revit screen is not the same as the view in a plotted .pdf file. I am working on a foundation plan, I put a colored region (transparent) around the interior perimeter of the foundation wall. The view in Revit shows correctly ("the footing below"), the view in a plotted .pdf file showns the region as if it were a solid region. See the example below...

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Am I missing a check box somewhere?

Thanks,

Rob

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-21, 09:11 PM
Regions seem to require plotting using the raster option. See if that prints more accurately. I've also heard of different results with different PDF printer drivers. We think of PDF as universally the "same" but at the driver level things are not necessarily equal. Equal for text documents perhaps but not necessarily for engineering output.

ROBP-RDS
2013-11-21, 09:47 PM
Steve,

Hi! Good idea! I tried printing using the raster option (in my print setup) but got the same result with the foundation vs region.

I even tried moving the region forward and backward with no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Rob

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-21, 09:53 PM
Do you have an alternate way to generate the pdf? For example Bluebeam, CutePDF, Adobe PDF drivers? Can you print to DWF and see the line. If so you should be able to print to PDF from there. Which version of Revit? Latest web update applied?

ROBP-RDS
2013-11-22, 02:03 PM
Steve,

Thanks! Good idea, I will try to plot to .dwf and convert to .pdf. I did try two methods to create the .pdf with the same result. I am using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 with update release 3 (says I am up to date).

Thanks!
Rob

ROBP-RDS
2013-11-22, 04:09 PM
No luck with plotting to .dwf format either. Same result at the .pdf format. I even tried plotting a hard copy to our plotter and no luck the "region" is covering the footer as if it was a solid not transparent piece. I guess I could always trace over the foundation with detail lines, but it seems like Revit would give us an easier option.

Any other ideas...

Thanks!
Rob

MikeJarosz
2013-11-22, 08:04 PM
Maybe the problem is the other way around. The plot is what the data actually looks like, and the video [i.e. video card] is screwing up the patterns on the screen. I had a brick patterned building. In 3D, I couldn't find a view that didn't have at least one face blank. In a different view that same face showed brick and a different face went blank. Plots, however, looked right!

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-22, 08:34 PM
Mike may be on to something there.

ROBP-RDS
2013-11-25, 01:33 PM
Mike and Steve,

Thanks! Good point... I will try to look into that. I ended up just drawing the lines with detail lines to get the project finished up. I will keep an eye out for similar situations. I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks again,
Rob