PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revit unloads links without warning.....

MikeJarosz
2013-11-25, 05:57 PM
We are running Revit server 2014 between two remote locations. We also have links from our consultants. We are having a random problem with the links being unloaded after synchronize to central.

We have alerted the entire team that we are having this problem and everyone swears they are not knowingly unloading links. I believe them because it is such a nuisance to everyone they wouldn't do it deliberately. We cannot predictably reproduce the problem. I consulted our network engineer, and he said that the random nature of the problem points to a software bug. The engineering links are big and time-consuming to reload multiple times a day.

Anyone else got this problem?

Steve_Stafford
2013-11-25, 07:06 PM
Running the latest web update (Web Update 2)? As I understand it, resolving Revit Server issues was a prime reason for it being issued.

dhurtubise
2013-11-26, 07:48 AM
One other thing that Steve mentionend... a million times is to link from Central to Centrol. Be careful that people are not doing it from the local files.

MikeJarosz
2013-11-26, 02:57 PM
link from Central to Centrol.

I always make sure that the link files are standalone central files BUT most consultants are sloppy and leave their links in when they post to the collaboration site. I was cleaning that up until I discovered orphaned families. Turns out the plumber was putting wall hosted drinking fountains on walls which for him was the linked architectural file. Now I leave their links in, even though they refer to the consultant's network, not ours and are shown by Revit as not found.

I still haven't sorted out if I'm losing objects that are face hosted to links. Because of Navis, we are moving in the direction of having the consultant files be the only location for their objects -- 2x4 light fixtures are not duplicated in the architectural - likewise plumbing fixtures. But when plumbing fixtures go missing, the loss is obvious. What I worry about is special items that appear only in the engineering documents and never in the architectural, like fire dampers. If they disappear because of link issues I might never know about it.

As I write this I'm beginning to worry......:(