PDA

View Full Version : 2010 how to display the same pipe in two profiles as two different styles

mikefadden363754
2013-12-03, 08:15 PM
Is there a way to assign a single pipe to be displayed differently in two different profiles? (Civil 3D 2010)

I am making profiles for a storm drain system. So I have a primary profile that shows the storm main running along the roadway alignment. I have many instances where a minor branch of the pipe network crosses over the storm main before it ties into the storm main. I created a no display alignment from pipe network parts to create a separate profile for each minor branch that ties into the storm main. In the primary profile, the storm main Pipe Style is displayed as Outside Pipe Walls, but in the profile for the minor branch I need the storm main Pipe Style to be displayed as Crossing Pipe Outside Wall. If I edit the pipe style in either profile, it changes all pipes of that type, in all profiles. These pipe profiles are being created in the same file, using a data shortcut of the Civil 3D pipe network. I am hoping for a solution that is dynamic, so if I change the storm main elevation in the C3D pipe network file, it will change the elevation in the primary profile and the minor branch profile. This is a very large storm drain network across about 24 square blocks with many different sizes of storm mains and minor branches.

Thanks for any help.

cadtag
2013-12-10, 02:39 PM
Is there a way to assign a single pipe to be displayed differently in two different profiles? (Civil 3D 2010)

.... These pipe profiles are being created in the same file, using a data shortcut of the Civil 3D pipe network. I am hoping for a solution that is dynamic, so if I change the storm main elevation in the C3D pipe network file, it will change the elevation in the primary profile and the minor branch profile. This is a very large storm drain network across about 24 square blocks with many different sizes of storm mains and minor branches.

Thanks for any help.

AFAIK, you'll need to set up different profile drawings in order to display the same pipe differently.

cube246381489
2013-12-23, 07:40 PM
Mike
You can display the same pipe in two different profiles by using the Style override in the Profile View Properties. This is usually used to show a crossing pipe but I think with a separate pipe style you can do what you are looking to do.