PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Purpose of View Types

Chuckyd67
2013-12-12, 12:17 PM
There is contention among the groups here about the use of "Coordination Views". For some, the views within the Coordination group are the only views in use. For others, the Coordination group is for maintaining a "clean" copy of the model for use by others. For Architecture, the only annotation in the coordination group is levels.

How do others use this group?

dhurtubise
2013-12-12, 02:51 PM
Unless we have to quickly filter out a discipline, ours is set to Architectural.

irneb
2013-12-13, 08:12 AM
It depends on what you want to achieve with your drawings. Some things are totally impossible to display in Arch, while other can't be shown in Struct ... etc. etc.

The only one where you've got full freedom to display every simple possible item is Coord. Then it's up to you to make sure you've got your VG set correctly. Personally I use Arch when I'm drawing an Arch floor plan (or such), struct only when I want to "quickly" turn off everything except stuff like columns/slab edges/penetrations/beams/etc. And if I need to show something "special" then I use Coord. I always use Coord for its "true" intent though: i.e. coordinating the HVAC/Plumbing/Fire/Elec with the rooms and structure.

david_peterson
2013-12-16, 05:02 PM
It also comes into play with how they are displayed. Structural will make floors "transparent" so you can see the beam framing below.
As well as only show wall from a linked arch model that are set to "bearing". All other walls from linked models are not visible.