PDA

View Full Version : Simple Break Line

barathd
2005-02-27, 10:24 PM
Has anyone managed to create a "simple break line" one could use in drafting views. I would prefer to work without a filled region. Sorry ... more like ADT - draw a break line between two points maintaining same size of break symbol. I've tried creating, downloading, etc. - no luck. Simple - short of having to draw this beast each and everytime.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

studio3p
2005-02-28, 03:54 AM
Uh ... there's a Break Line loaded all except the default template under the Drafting tools>Detail Component drop-down. Is this the Break Line for which you're looking?

I suppose you could edit it so as to avoid the inclusion of the filled region.

barathd
2005-02-28, 03:56 AM
Joe:

I tried to edit that particular symbol and had no luck.

studio3p
2005-02-28, 04:15 AM
By no luck do you mean that you're unable to "pull" the symbol between two points? The Break Line detail component is parametric once placed, but not stretchable during placement. During placement it is a static object. Once placed you can access it's properties in order to manipulate all of the parameters, or you can select the Break Line and (assuming you're using Revit 7) manipulate it graphically using the handles.

barathd
2005-02-28, 05:10 AM
Joe:

When I take away the filled region the family is gone. What I really am trying to do is basically draw a line from one point to another with a break symbol centered within it.
Seems like the family is based on the filled region.

Regards

beegee
2005-02-28, 05:49 AM
Dick,

Try this one, leave the filled region , but just adjust its masking depth under properties when placed to some nominal minimum like 1/256 " ( it will not accept a zero width )

The break symbol stays centered. You can adjust the jag width ( the jag depth adjustment fails after about 50 mm real size - haven't had time yet to see why )

barathd
2005-02-28, 06:13 AM
BeeGee:

Thanks - great idea - works well enough. I would still like to see it work a little cleaner just too many manipulations and entries - were IMHO the process should involve no more than TWO picks.

beegee
2005-02-28, 06:29 AM
OK, here's a repaired version.

No fill. Jag works properly and stays centered. Set jag width and depth through properties. Drag ends of break line using blue slection grips when selected.

barathd
2005-02-28, 07:04 AM
Thats more like - thanks.