PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Rooms / Room Tags Not Working

galmquist387974
2013-12-18, 04:04 PM
Hi, I've attached two PDFs to show how I'm only able to create Rooms / Room Tags on part of my floor plan. Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix this? The walls clearly enclose rooms but I can't seem to be able to tag them. The first PDF shows the left side of the model where I have been able to create rooms and the second PDF is the same model just panned over where I haven't been able to create rooms.

Thanks.

PijPiwo
2013-12-18, 04:43 PM
Are all your rooms on the same level? Are these rooms on pic2 any higher than on pic1 (is that a ramp in the corridor by the gym)? If they are higher, do you have a Level set up for them?

galmquist387974
2013-12-18, 05:04 PM
Yes, PijPiwo, the rooms are on different levels but there is a separate level set up for each. I've attached a PDF to show...

PijPiwo
2013-12-18, 05:12 PM
For rooms on Level 1’-4”, try to place your rooms in associated floor plan (not on Level 0’-0” floor plan).

CADastrophe
2013-12-18, 05:42 PM
Note that in order for a Room to show up on a View, the Cut Plane must pass through the Room. Also, if the Cut Plane is exactly even with the top or bottom of a Room, then that Room will not display. This means that you could also create a Plan Region for that room and specify an appropriate height for its Cut Plane.

galmquist387974
2013-12-18, 05:50 PM
Thank you both. I'll give that a try.

galmquist387974
2013-12-18, 07:07 PM
I checked and the Cut Plane does go through the room (I've attached a PDF to show).

How do I place rooms in associated floor plan as PMPijPiwo says to do?

PijPiwo
2013-12-18, 07:22 PM
Open that view 94432 and place the rooms there. You can open that view from the project browser or just double click on the blue elevation head in section/elevation view.

PijPiwo
2013-12-18, 08:45 PM
Open that view 94432 and place the rooms there. You can open that view from the project browser or just double click on the blue elevation head in section/elevation view.
Lol, I was distracted before, had to go. My previous post doesn’t make much sense, does it? …sorry.

…so, to clarify: when you create a level, a floor plan view associated with that level is automatically created as well. If a level is copied, there is no floor plan created and level head is black instead of blue. You can double click on the blue level head in elevation or section and associated floor plan view will be opened. If a level was copied, it is still possible to make (associate) a floor plan with this level, but it has to be done manually.

If for any reason, you can’t find your floor plan (level 1’-4”) in the project browser, you can always double click on blue level head to open it up. Once there, place your rooms in that view.
Hope it makes more sense now.

galmquist387974
2013-12-18, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the explanation, that helps. Since I have two levels at different heights and I want them to show up on the same floor plan sheet, is there a way to merge them into a single view?

PijPiwo
2013-12-18, 10:25 PM
Floor plan (1’-4”) is already a part of 0’-0” plan. No need to merge anything, you might want to adjust view extents though to show what you want, but it looks like you’re already showing entire floor plan (0’-0” and 1’-4”) on a single floor plan view. As long the cut plane on 0’-0” plan is higher than 1’-4” it also cuts through 1’-4” part of the building.