PDA

View Full Version : Presentation drawings...

aliya14
2005-02-28, 07:57 AM
Good day everyone.
I was trying out the presentation exercise from the tutorials...
I had a few queries regarding the sun & shadow settings....If I try to use the same kind of settings for my Project the effect is not the same as that of what we get in the exercise tutorial.
Here in the project we have sun settings as -sun from top right & so on....where as we have a different kind of setting in the tutorial...
Plus when we try duplicating the elevation views in my project it gives me an error to add on the elevation symbol..where as in the tutorial we get the elevation duplicated just by the right click of the mouse.
Could anyone please tell me how to get the same kind of settings in my project.
Regards,
Aliya

sbrown
2005-02-28, 02:33 PM
You can transfer the project standards from the tutorial file to your project. Your project was probably started from a template which didn't have the same sun settings.

As for copying an elevation, the only way to do it is copy the tag, you can't just duplicate like other views. Check the tutorial again and see exactly how they did it.

aaronrumple
2005-02-28, 02:50 PM
Actually that tutorial is misleading. It works just as outlined using the project/template that Revit supplies. They actually have your duplicate an elevation view. They must have done something to that template to allow this to be done. Of course using a standard Revit template, elevations can't be duplicated except by adding a separate elevation symbol.

aliya14
2005-03-01, 04:23 AM
Thanx to both of u..I tried using transfer project standards and it worked fine..
Regards,
Aliya