PDA

View Full Version : 2013 How to show the location of plan details on Elevations

ruth.clayton728068
2013-12-23, 01:09 PM
I've got a series of curtain wall elevations drawings and I've produced various plan and section details of the curtain wall.

I can add a section marker to the elevations to show the location of the section details but I can't seem to do the same to show the location of the plan details.

Does any one know how to do this?

Thanks

Ruth

tedg
2013-12-23, 01:31 PM
I've got a series of curtain wall elevations drawings and I've produced various plan and section details of the curtain wall.

I can add a section marker to the elevations to show the location of the section details but I can't seem to do the same to show the location of the plan details.

Does any one know how to do this?

Thanks

Ruth
I assume you mean you have details drawn in a drafting view you want to reference from a plan or elevation?
If so, you should be able to do this (the same way you reference other views in a section cut), when you select callout view, you select "Reference Other View" and select your drafting view.
(see screen shot)

Note: you select your desired other view BEFORE you place the "Callout" symbol.

HTH

rosskirby
2013-12-24, 05:37 PM
I've found that if you cut the plan details in an elevation view, the plan detail callout will appear in any plan where the view range of the plan detail falls within the view range of that plan. However, the opposite is not true. Creating a plan detail callout in plan will not automatically create a corresponding section marker in elevations.

ruth.clayton728068
2014-01-02, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the responses, I thought I 'd tried that before posting and it didn't work but it does seem to work now I've tried again.

Ruth