PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Adding color to a site plan

mleinback
2013-12-25, 06:42 PM
I am looking for a good method, within Revit, to add color (and perhaps texture) to a site plan. I will want to show grass, trees, streets, sidewalks, buildings, sports fields, small bodies of water, wetlands, etc. This will be a relatively large-scale drawing---like 1"=200' or so---so the detail will be minimal. Color will be important in delineating the various surfaces. I plan on utilizing shadows to add depth to the drawing.

This is also a "working document" so I anticipate many revisions along the way. Thus, I am not interested in exporting the Revit file to some other program in order to add color, texture, etc.

Thanks for your help!!!

david_peterson
2013-12-30, 06:18 PM
I'd suggest added a surface pattern of say "solid" to it with a color associated by material. Other options would include VG overrides, but that's not a fun method to go with. I believe the "Paint" option would be another. But I'd go by material, of course this would require modeling. Not sure how you're doing your site plan. Filled regions would be another.

damon.sidel
2013-12-30, 07:12 PM
I would definitely go with materials of modeled elements, with the exception of trees. Especially if you have a landscape architect providing ACAD, I've done a few successful colored site plans with trees/shrubs as an ACAD link.

Unless you already have a library of plantings that you like the plan representations and you're doing it yourself. We have a good library and we almost always have a landscape architect.