PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Door To: and From: parameters

bsherrard
2014-01-02, 04:29 PM
We have implemented a master share parameter file in our firm. Unfortunatley, it does not include the parameters that report the "to" and "from" rooms for our doors. Does anyone know how I can add these to our shared parameter file and the doors in our projects. I don't see them anywhere?

Thanks for any help.

buchrick344977
2014-01-02, 04:59 PM
Those settings are built into Revit and can be viewed from a schedule.

On the Fields tab of the Schedule Properties look at the bottom left for Select available fields from: here you will be able to change to room parameters.

cdatechguy
2014-01-02, 05:26 PM
We have implemented a master share parameter file in our firm. Unfortunatley, it does not include the parameters that report the "to" and "from" rooms for our doors. Does anyone know how I can add these to our shared parameter file and the doors in our projects. I don't see them anywhere?

Thanks for any help.

When you are adding parameters to your schedule, the To and From are in the "Select Available Fields From:" menu...They are system parameters.

Edit....someone beat me to it...

jsteinhauer
2014-01-02, 09:58 PM
So, what the previous posters are saying is, that you can't add that parameter to your door/window family, cause once that family is loaded into your project those parameters will appear. You can't create these parameters outside of the project environment, like inside of the Shared Parameters file. The best thing is to setup your 'Typical' Door/Window schedule in your firms Project Template. That way all new projects will start with the 'Typical' Door/Window Schedule.

Cheers,
Jeff S.