PDA

View Full Version : "Coming soon..." email from autodesk.

Paul Monsef
2005-02-28, 07:10 PM
I'm assuming all subscription members received the "Important Autodesk Product Release Notification" stating the soon release of "AutoCAD® 2006, AutoCAD® LT 2006, Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2006, AutoCAD® Electrical 2006, AutoCAD® Mechanical 2006 and Autodesk Inventor® Series 10"

I guess Autodesk Revit 8 & Revit structural are not soon to be released... :(

sultarc
2005-02-28, 08:17 PM
They don't seem to mention much about Revit in their info. on the site they have pricing for everything but Revit. I understand though that Revit 8 will be forthcoming in late march early april.

Scott D Davis
2005-02-28, 09:13 PM
Once again, Revit seems to be the 'red-headed stepchild'....never gets any attention.

It was announced at AU, that Autodesk would be releasing new versions of everything, including Revit, around Spring 2005.

Paul Monsef
2005-02-28, 09:57 PM
Once again, Revit seems to be the 'red-headed stepchild'....never gets any attention.

It was announced at AU, that Autodesk would be releasing new versions of everything, including Revit, around Spring 2005.
Maybe they finally "adopted" the 'red-headed stepchild' and gave her a new name? :veryevil:

studioCJF
2005-02-28, 10:26 PM
...'red-headed stepchild'...
Hey I resemble that remark...:shock:

Not really... just wanted to :-P (razz) Scott a bit with some PC humor.
That would be 'PC' political correctness humor not personal computer
Funny thing is that I use that phrase all the time.:wink:

clark

MikeJarosz
2005-02-28, 10:55 PM

Seems like we have something in common besides Revit. Let me warn you though, red hair can turn gray, especially when you're facing a project like the Freedom Tower!

Les Therrien
2005-03-01, 12:27 AM
From what I've noticed, Revit is almost always never mentioned with those products.
I think they keep it separate because they're (the products) are still in some ways threatened by Revit.
They'll mention the products in trying to sell Revit, but not vice versa.
I'm sure it's about sensitive marketing.

Paul Monsef
2005-03-01, 12:30 AM
They'll mention the products in trying to sell Revit, but not vice versa.
I'm sure it's about sensitive marketing.
I think you're right....

"Coming soon ...the new family of Autodesk® software solutions including the most widely used CAD software for design, drafting, and detailing..."

Revit is probably never marketed as a "CAD" package. It's a BIM!

sbrown
2005-03-01, 01:08 PM
I don't think revit is the red-headed step child, It is the top of the food chain, the lion in waiting, everyone knows its there and ready to gobble up the others. So they band together and try too look big, but ...

Just a little humor.

bclarch
2005-03-01, 03:02 PM
Revit still has a more rapid and fluid release cycle. The rest have one predictable release a year. My guess is that the Autodesk mindset will prevail and they will regularize Revit's release cycle to coincide with the rest of the pack. <dronelike voice on> You must assimilate. <dronelike voice off>