PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Move storefront without moving host wall

drubinoff
2014-01-13, 12:35 PM
Hi,

I have a storefront wall embedded in a host wall. In section, when I try to bring the storefront wall closer to the face of the host wall, it moves the host wall with it. I can't figure out how to move the storefront wall independently. The "unjoin" tool just gives me some error asking me to use the grid too, which makes no sense.

Thanks,
Derek

cliff collins
2014-01-13, 06:23 PM
Try using Move, and click "Disjoin" at upper top left of screen.

Also, try clicking the storefront and select the blue dot at the end, right-clock and select "disallow join".

cheers.....

Craig_L
2014-01-21, 02:14 PM
Sounds like your storefront is "face based" which means it MUST place on the face of another element.
Try placing it on a reference plane rather than the wall face, then you can adjust your reference plane rather than having trouble with the wall, or edit your family to have a variable distance that you can change from the face, in other words it is still based on the wall face, but in the properties box you can type a distance in to offset it from your wall - even tho that will mean its still identified to that wall.
Hope that makes sense, the reference plane is your best bet if you are unsure about family editing (at the very least duplicate the family, rename the file etc before you go editing it)