PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Revit Locking up during Mirror Project

ROBP-RDS
2014-01-20, 01:37 PM
I am trying to mirror a two story home plan from left garage to right garage. The plan is complete and I am using the Mirror Project tool from the Manage screen. The green bar at the bottom goes to 29% then it hangs and says not responding. I tried it on two computers and had the same isue. I also tried purging the old items out of the file but that didnt help. Any ideas???

MikeJarosz
2014-01-20, 02:38 PM
How long did you wait?

ROBP-RDS
2014-01-20, 03:18 PM
Hi! I waited for about an hour at one poiont (took lucnh). I was at about 29% the entire time. Then I just canceled to program to get out of it... Do you think I should wait longer than an hour?

Thanks,

Rob

MikeJarosz
2014-01-20, 08:04 PM
I would form the same conclusion you did. Kill it....... My comment was aimed at instant gratification types who give up after seconds. A single family house in Revit shouldn't misbehave like that. My hunch would be something is overmodeled.

ROBP-RDS
2014-01-20, 08:43 PM
Yes- I used the Mirror Project a couple times now without trouble. The house is a nice size two story, but nothing too crazy. I cant think of what is over modeled in the plan. The file size is about 40MB.. Any tricks you can think of to try and get it to mirror? I did try using another computer, purging, and letting the program run for extended periods of time. I did notice the purple "R" in the upper right hand corner is turning black and Revit says not responding on the top of the screen. Thanks for your help!
Rob

ROBP-RDS
2014-01-21, 06:34 PM
I tried flipping the home with Revit 2014 and it worked fine. When I converted from 2013 to 2014 the conversion appeared to remove some old file data from the original file. Is it possible to purge old file info. from Revit 2013 Manually? Maybe that is the issue. - Thanks!