PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Title Block Revision Schedule

tarmbruster
2014-01-26, 03:30 AM
Our current Title block has a an embedded revision schedule however the revisions are rotate 90 degrees and split into two columns. This has worked very well for past few years however when we have more than 6 revisions on the sheet the revision schedule keeps going off the sheet. Is there a way to have a split revision schedule or is the only way to make this work to rotate the revision schedule ?

Craig_L
2014-01-27, 07:33 AM
There is a way, but not when you've embedded it into a title block like this.
Ours populates vertically, so is never a problem, and also we have it only populate 4 revisions (personally I think on large projects its needed to have more than 4 but thats not my call.)

Having said that, do you need to show more than the last 6 revisions? all you need to do is on your sheet when you issue your 7th, you untick the first box so the revision no longer shows on sheet, this way you only ever have 6 listed, whether its A to F or, K to P listed - the only revision of real importance is the last...if ever you need to go back the others are there, but the problem may be you have more seperate sheets being issued on different revision dates with the same revision number as its the individual sheet, rather than the entire project being revised.

The only way around it for you, would be to issue a different style revision schedule thats not attached to your title block, or better still have your revision list propogate vertically rather than horizontally as it is now. There is no way to split this schedule the way you are hoping.

Joshua Kohl
2014-01-27, 12:44 PM
Having said that, do you need to show more than the last 6 revisions? all you need to do is on your sheet when you issue your 7th, you untick the first box so the revision no longer shows on sheet, this way you only ever have 6 listed, whether its A to F or, K to P listed - the only revision of real importance is the last...

I would advise against deleting any revisions from the sheet. What you could do is in the Revision Properties dialog box in the title block family click on the Appearance tab, under the Height pull down menu choose "User Defined". This will essentially let you control how many rows you want to be shown by indicating how long you want the schedule to be. When you get more revisions than you have rows in a revision schedule, the older ones "disappear" from the schedule and only the latest ones are shown.

MikeJarosz
2014-01-27, 02:36 PM
I think on large projects its needed to have more than 4

I was on the new $4 billion Pearson Airport Terminal project in Toronto for several years. At the time I left the project, some sheets had as many as 127 issues/revisions/bulletins. We decided to only keep the most recent issues that fit in the space provided on the title sheet. We put the complete list in the specifications, where the length of the list didn't matter.

Regarding deletion of revisions/issues/bulletins: don't do it. When it comes time to settle change orders, RFIs and all those other inconveniences, (i.e. lawsuits), you'll be glad you have them.