PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Imported Cad File visibility in a Revit Link

Michelle.jarvis535199
2014-02-04, 05:45 PM
Hello,

I have an imported cad file of truss in a Revit Structural file. I have the structural file linked to my architectural file and vice versa. I can not see the truss in the architectural file unless I bind the link but then it does not update when I make changes in the structural file.

I believe that I would be able to see it without binding the link if I was able to select the group in the Revit Link Display Setting:Import Categories but it is grayed out.

I have tried linking the Cad file and exploding it with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I also am very new to Revit and my be going about this is the wrong way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

dhurtubise
2014-02-05, 09:27 AM
Any chance you could have link the DWG with the " Current View Only" option?

Michelle.jarvis535199
2014-02-05, 08:26 PM
Unfortunately no. I just tried importing something else and it is acting the same way as the truss. I noticed however that when I hover over the imported object it says "desk steel.dwg : Import Symbol : location <not shared>" Maybe if I shared the location it would work?

How do I share the location of the an Imported cad file?

Michelle.jarvis535199
2014-02-05, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately no. I tried importing a different cad file and it also does not work. I noted however when I hover it that it says the import object location is not shared. Is this the location like shared coordinates between 2 Revit files or is it the location of the cad file? If it is the cad file how do I share the location and do you think that will fix the problem?

david_peterson
2014-02-06, 05:52 PM
Import via shared cords.
My initial guess is that your link in under something else so you can't see it,
Also is this a truss elevation or some kind of a plan?