PDA

View Full Version : 2014 modify spot elevation?

jessica.146534
2014-02-06, 07:46 PM
Is there a way to add parameters to the spot elevation system family? Or a workaround?

I'm trying to tag ceilings in an RCP and have a lot of existing concrete slabs that will remain exposed. I'd like to tag the floor above in the RCP just like I can with ceilings and include the floor type and height. I tried using a floor tag but haven't figured out how to get the height to display. Then I tried taking the ceiling tag family and changing the family category to floors and the height option disappears. I really don't want to have to make a "ceiling" for every place I have an exposed concrete ceiling (it's an existing 15 story building and there is a LOT of exposed concrete!).

Something else that would work would be to add a type parameter to the spot elevation family but the label tool is grayed out in that family.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Dimitri Harvalias
2014-02-06, 09:22 PM
I don't believe that's possible with a floor tag. for whatever reason the floor tag does not have a height or level parameter associated with it. All I can suggest is to tag the floor and then add a spot elevation and move it where you want it to be. I've never had this need so I never noticed the 'shortcoming' in the floor tag.