PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Callout straddles match lines

MikeJarosz
2014-02-10, 03:41 PM
I have a toilet blowup that straddles a matchline. The dashed line of the callout around the toilets refuses to be cropped by the annotation crop. When placed on a sheet, the dashed line extends into space beyond the edge of the border. The grey lines near the top are the sheet border. The blue lines are the view and annotation crop. The dark blue lines are the matchlines.

What am I doing wrong?

Craig_L
2014-02-10, 03:50 PM
go to the view, and turn on the section box, and drag it back down smaller, the "view" box, sets the range of that dashed line on page - which is really annoying but is how it is

MikeJarosz
2014-02-10, 04:41 PM
I thought section boxes only show in 3D. This is a plan and section box does not appear in the extents section og properties.

Craig_L
2014-02-11, 07:33 AM
Every view has a zone that it "views" its the white box that you see when you cut the original view, its likely you have it hidden just check your hidden items and reactivate the view box, section box, whatever you want to call it....in my properties its called a Cadrer la vue, zone cadrée visible. Unless you are using the french version I doubt this is going to help you much, so what its exactly called in the english version I cant tell you without having access to one, which I currently do not.
The "size" of the view affects the placement of this view callout, its very annoying and it really should be able to be altered independent of thie view, but sadly its connected to what your view looks at. The only way around it is to show only the call out bubble text, hide the dashed zone, and use detail lines or a detail item (or reduce the actual extents of the view).

david_peterson
2014-02-12, 07:00 PM
When I've had callouts run off the sheet like that I simply hide the original and use the reference other view option to get the box the size I want on plan. Then I have better flexibility with the plan that's on the sheet to be able to stretch out to the next grid line and what not.
The other option if you don't want to see it is to take the callout bubble (the one with the detail number and sheet number in it) and put it on the next page. If that call out bubble is out side the crop region the it (along with the call out lines) won't show up on that sheet anymore.
But my simple approach has always been to create the callout, hide it if needed and use the reference other view to get it where I need it. I tend to do the say with braced frame elevations since they don't always line up the way they I want.