PDA

View Full Version : 2014 San Rafael, we have a problem........

MikeJarosz
2014-02-19, 09:48 PM
I think we have a Revit problem that merits submission to Autodesk. I've never done this before (because my Revit environment is perfect, of course! ;))

What's the protocol?

damon.sidel
2014-02-19, 10:04 PM
Login to your account (or create it) here: http://subscription.autodesk.com/
Choose "Technical Support" from the menu on the left, then near the bottom of that page under "Web Support" click on "Create a Support Case".
Follow instructions, submit... then wait.

PS - You've never even had a file go corrupt for no good reason or some-such thing?!

MikeJarosz
2014-02-20, 02:18 PM
Revit server isn't sync-ing between NY and KY offices. KY saves and it doesn't show on the Server Admin screen. 10 minutes later, reload latest doesn't bring up the new work from KY. Our IT and Network admins have checked everything, and they suspect the software.

We have had central screwed up, but we found out why. This time it's a mystery.

We do have a subscription account. I'll check it out.....

MikeJarosz
2014-02-20, 04:04 PM
OK - We posted it. We have six users saving to central and some, not all, get "file not saved"

antman
2014-02-20, 06:23 PM
Our IT and Network admins have checked everything, and they suspect the software.

I have yet to see that be a false statement. .-/

MikeJarosz
2014-02-20, 06:53 PM
Specifically, the inability to recreate the problem, and the random nature of where and when it occurs. Yesterday, Ryan couldn't save. Today, it's Marshal.......

MikeJarosz
2014-02-20, 07:12 PM
A colleague suggested that the size of the journal file may be an issue. That would explain the randomness. Some users have bigger ones than others.

How do y'all manage journal files?

dhurtubise
2014-02-20, 07:34 PM
Are you using Riverbed? how's the latency between both offices? RS doesn't adress that problem, Riverbed does.
But if you can't access the RS Admin page, it's definitely not a Revit problem. DNS problem, VPN down, stuff like that

MikeJarosz
2014-02-20, 10:56 PM
Autodesk technical help nailed it. There is a problem with a Revit internal called LocateModel. Changes were made in update 2 addressing this specific issue, but the fix, in AD's words, was only partially successful. They asked us to search the journal for "LocateModel". We found thousands of instances.

Their solution is to load all links and the worksets they are in at startup, and do not turn anything off all day. I'm not so sure we can live with that. This is a total Revit project: all consultants are in Revit. That makes a very heavy model. We need to turn off!

dhurtubise
2014-02-24, 10:52 AM
Thanks interesting Mike because we run 9 Revit Server here and never had an issue. Im gonna gather a few journal files to have a look and report back.