PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Export curtain wall panel to seperate layers: glazing, spandrel etc.

graphite
2014-02-21, 06:12 PM
Any way to export CW panel to seperate layers for DWG? I am looking to be able to take a glass panel and a solid spandrel panel and have them exported to seperate layers...but in the exports DWG setup there is only the option to modify the layer name for glass. Any thoughts?

damon.sidel
2014-02-21, 07:42 PM
Check out conditional export settings for each category. I don't know if that is the answer, but I think that there is a way to essentially filter categories and subcategories when you export per other parameters.

dhurtubise
2014-02-24, 11:01 AM
If you use the AIA default setup they are exported to different layers
Curtain Panels: A-GLAZ-CURT
Curtain Wall Mullions: A-GLAZ-CWMG

From there all sub-category(not materials) are available. So if you need to separate by material you will need a different sub-category

graphite
2014-02-28, 06:47 PM
I figured it out. I went and made a new family from curtain wall panel. Which allowed me to define the subcategory of the geometry. Once loaded into the project I could then modify export layer naming convention for this subcategory. Allowing me to export spandrel, glass, fiber cement etc.