PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cornice Return How?

rbwatson0
2014-02-22, 10:51 PM
How do you model the Cornice Return condition circled in attached picture 95030 in Revit? Including the Frieze and Cornice along the gable rake? I can't even get a Cornice (Crown) to miter around a corner!!! Frustrating!

Craig_L
2014-02-25, 02:40 PM
I have a similar issue when using tapered ground beams, what I did to resolve the issue was make a duplicate of the family (as in edit the family, and "save as")
I then added a VOID to the family, to which I added some dimension controls so I could change the angle of the mitre, now when I need to place a piece that mitres with another I use my family with the void modelled into it. If you need some help with how to do that pipe up, but I think you will find its quite easy to add a void into the family. Just make sure you adjust the void to penetrate the entire cornice, because when you first place the void it will be only half of your cornice sweep most likely (hint: go to an elevation after placing in plan) Then dimension the sides of the void and click on the dimension and "add label" make the label a "dimension" and make it an "instance" parameter and after a bit of stuffing around you will work out how to constrain your void so that you can edit the angle of the mitre in the type property once you place the object. Hope this helps....if you haven't tried the family editor before I suggest this is a good one to get your hands dirty with, just make sure you SAVE AS and do not over write your other family. Once you have messed about with the family a bit, "load into project" and see if it behaves how you want it to

avalencia60
2014-02-25, 02:57 PM
Hi all, that situation is very simple to solve, only create a wall sweep with the profile you need and apply that sweep to the walls, when finish the sweep, select it and click on return button and click on the final edge of the sweep. You will get your results. See the attached image of one of my projects.

thanks Alex.