PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Creating Custom Titleblock

arcitek
2014-02-24, 07:17 PM
I am trying to recreate the company titleblock in Revit using lines and filled regions. Things went fairly well but I am having an issue with creating a correct display order when the titleblock is brought into a project. For instance, if I draw a filled region, say a square, and then draw another line around the perimeter with a heavier line to make this bold, the filled region border and this line do not read correctly on the imported titleblock. Or, trying to create a filled region and having white font stay in front of the filled region. How do you accomplish this?

Thanks!

Kevin

2103 Revit Building Suite

jsteinhauer
2014-02-24, 07:56 PM
Kevin,

Why not just use the boarder lines of the filled region. Edit the filled region in the TTLB, and make their line type bold instead of medium or thin. There is no sense in drawings lines over lines. I take it you're fill pattern is solid, and a color other than white. Your annotation text should display to the front of filled region. This is the case most of the time, except if you have your text as true white. I suggest you change the RGB values to 255, 255, 254, and see what happens.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

jsteinhauer
2014-02-24, 07:57 PM
Additionally, you'll want to make this a unique text style (TTLB-Text-Off-White), so that it doesn't get overwritten in the project.

Double Cheers,
Jeff S.