PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Exporting to AutoCAD a project with a linked file

avalencia60
2014-03-04, 10:44 PM
Hi all, I am exporting a Revit project with a linked file, but the line types from the export setups file are not applied to the CAD drawings. Revit exports all the project to layer 0 and all the lines are continuous. I have to explode the drawing and star to change the layers in AutoCAD. Please, what is the best practice to export a linked file in Revit and the lines types will be correct.

Thanks in advance, Alex

Craig_L
2014-03-05, 08:30 AM
When you export it brings up a dialogue box where you choose which views etc to export.
At the top of this dialogue box is a drop down menu (configure export settings) or something along those lines (mine is in french so I cant tell you exactly how the english version is worded.)

If you click here, you can then set up a very extensive template of how you want lines, model items, etc etc to export.
I suggest you take some time to set up one of these export templates, and it does take a long time to get right - but once its set up, you save it and every time from then on you can just select it from the list. Also there are a few "out of the box" templates, and you might find that one of those suits your needs.