PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Label ALL SQL features

Mdouglas
2014-03-06, 01:47 AM
Is it just me or is my map 3d 2011 being to smart and not labeling every line because it may overlap with other labels?

I just want it to label all the lines from the data connected in the SQL layer regardless of overlaping.

I will need to maintain the connection to the SQL database layer as it is changing and being updated weekly.

M

Jmurphy
2014-03-06, 11:58 AM
Take a look at this first (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Increasing-maximum-number-of-Display-Manager-Feature-Labels-displayed-s.html), if you have done that then try turning any other lay in your map off then style/label your features.

Mdouglas
2014-03-07, 01:48 AM
Thanks Murph

Updated map label limits no probs.

This is the only layer in the map, and style/label is set to label an line, Mulitline in map space at 3m, Ghosted, on the Baseline.

If I edit the line without a label and make it longer the label apperars? see attachment

Is there a display all labels, as per ARCMAP in map 3d?

I had to convert the labels from GIS into cad text to achive the desired output! Thus breaking the link to GIS data.

Thanks Again

Martin

Jmurphy
2014-03-07, 12:05 PM
With data connect (FDO) the labeling is called smart labeling to keep from laying over, blocking, covering something else up its built into the labeling. AS far as I know the only thing to do is import the data creating object data then label with annotation blocks or use an alter property query to label. Both would require getting the SQL data into a format to import.