PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Export Layer issues with Linked Models

Ringer
2014-03-07, 05:09 PM
I am working on a large tower in Revit 2014 and have different models for interior, exterior, vertical circulation and structure due to file size. All sheets are in the Interior model. All exporting to CAD 2010 is done from the Interior model. I have created an export setup and the colors and layers for the components in the interior model are correct in the cad export, but the colors and layers for any of the linked models do not come out correctly in the cad export. I have attached a picture of the cad export and a picture of the export layers list (export1.jpg & export2.jpg). You can see, for example, that the stairs are supposed to map to color 2, but are white in the export. I am exporting BYLAYER and overrides BYENTITY. If I switch it to "Export all properties BYLAYER, but do not export overrides" the colors change to the correct ones, but the grid lines change to continuous by layer (export3.jpg). We export up to 50 plans and xrefs for all of the unique floors so exporting separate files for each model and then binding them is not an option. I also attached a picture directly from revit if that's helpful (revit2014.jpg).

If you have an ideas on how to have the components in the linked models and the linetypes all export to cad correctly in the same file, I would love to hear them!

Thanks for your time!95162951639516495165

avalencia60
2014-03-10, 02:25 PM
Hi Ringer, if you search in this forum you'll fine out a post like your from me. The solution I founded out was to make a layer for the different projections in the DWG export standard, one layer for the overhead lines and other layer for the projection lines and it is working fine, see the attached images. I hope this will be helpful to you.

thanks, Alex