PDA

View Full Version : 2014 New Walls show Transparent

Doug
2014-03-13, 03:06 PM
Hey!

Got a problem, All of my new walls in a project are transparent in 3d view but are fine in plan view and elevation view. I have checked the V/G properties no ovderrides and the transparent is set to zero. How do I fix this.

jsteinhauer
2014-03-13, 04:02 PM
Is there a visibility control filter applied to the view? Have you tried to copy a wall that is displaying correctly. Please post an image of the view, and of the instance properties for each wall (correct & transparent).

Thank you,
Jeff S.

Doug
2014-03-13, 06:39 PM
Jeff
Thanks for the reply. It is only NEW wall that are transparent.
I can't find anything where the graphics are turned to transparent.

jsteinhauer
2014-03-13, 07:31 PM
Doug,

Can you check the VG settings and look under the Filters tab? Are there any filters on this view?
Is this within a design option?
Are you using Worksharing?
Can you post a capture of the properties as well?

Thanks,
Jeff S.

david_peterson
2014-03-13, 07:38 PM
Phase Filter setting perhaps?

Doug
2014-03-13, 07:51 PM
This problem applies to all 3d views not just one. If I make a new 3d view hidden line the walls are transparent.

I selected all of a wall type and changed it a different wall type. Now only some of those walls are transparent. I checked the phase filters nothing is checked. I checked Materials same thing, Graphic Display Options Transparency 0

Doug
2014-03-13, 07:59 PM
I imported my wall styles from Revit 2010. When I change all of the wall materials to stock materials the walls are now solid. BUT, I checked the materials individually and nothing shows transparent.

I went back to an old computer and checked the walls - nothing was transparent.

Humm... A puzzle for another day.:?

jsteinhauer
2014-03-13, 08:53 PM
Thank you Doug for posting the resolution to your issue.

So maybe there was a material mapped to a file that no longer exists, and Revit was confused as to what to display.
I couldn't replicate it through Phase Filters settings (Existing vs. New Construction), and Phase Created is not available in the VG Override Filter settings.

Glad it worked out for you Doug,
Jeff S.

Doug
2014-03-13, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the help Guys!
It does seem odd that few walls would not change when I change the wall type to a new wall type created in 2014. I had to change the imported wall type change the material and then change the wall type.

Thanks again!

david_peterson
2014-03-13, 09:33 PM
I take it you went directly from 2010 to 2014? My guess is that's the cause of the problem.
2014 also has a "global" material library. So the same material you use in revit is the same material for navis and 3ds.
Which makes a little sense. Adesk suggests that you always upgrade one version at a time to avoid these little quirks.
They build in things to the updater for what changed from release to release, but not from 2yrs ago to today.

Doug
2014-03-13, 09:41 PM
It was a 2010 project file that I upgraded to 2014, I saved it to get the wall and materials from for a similar project. Lesson learned!

Thanks for the info!

jsteinhauer
2014-03-14, 01:50 PM
Hey Doug,

Did you go into 2014 and open your 2010 project? Or, did you use the "File Upgrader" Add-In? If you didn't use the Free app, give it a try and see if it fixes the issue.

Best of luck,
Jeff S.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=autodesk.appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aADNPlugins_FileUpgrader%3aen