PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Revit Families & Project

dkeinys590960
2014-03-13, 07:39 PM
Hi Im new Here and am New in Revit

got few questions here

im work with revit at my work for about 6 months now but never been forced or asked to do more then families of job we do.

So now i been asked to do most with it 2D detailing and mainly to do are model fully detailed in Revit .

So i come with loads questions now.

1: What is the best way detailing Families in Project? Or what is correct way to do so?

2: Can i import Families in Project as separate views?

3: I have got Big familie that contain load Nested families how to controll Families on and off in different views? (I got parameter set ON/Off But its reflecting all Views.) What is Best And correct method for this?

Kind Regards

CADastrophe
2014-03-14, 06:25 PM
Hello, and Welcome to AUGI!

1: What is the best way detailing Families in Project? Or what is correct way to do so?

Are you referring to Family creation or to creating details in Revit?

2: Can i import Families in Project as separate views?

Are you referring to importing DWG files? If so, then you can import each DWG file into a separate Drafting View (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?154970-Revit-Detailing). There is a related discussion on creating Details in Revit versus importing them from AutoCAD:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?154970-Revit-Detailing

3: I have got Big familie that contain load Nested families how to controll Families on and off in different views? (I got parameter set ON/Off But its reflecting all Views.) What is Best And correct method for this?

We would probably need to see the Family file on this one, and we would need you to explain a little more of what you're trying to accomplish.

dkeinys590960
2014-03-16, 10:31 AM
Thanks For Response

Are you referring to Family creation or to creating details in Revit?

I got no problem to create families. Problem I got How do i get most off it in project
2D detail i can use Course/Medium/Fine to override most off.

Are you referring to importing DWG files? If so, then you can import each DWG file into a separate Drafting View. There is a related discussion on creating Details in Revit versus importing them from AutoCAD:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...evit-Detailing

I s here an option to add separate view for NON project Related Families?

We would probably need to see the Family file on this one, and we would need you to explain a little more of what you're trying to accomplish.

I will not be able to Share families but i can create snapshot to make it more clear?

Thanks

CADastrophe
2014-03-17, 07:33 PM
I got no problem to create families. Problem I got How do i get most off it in project
2D detail i can use Course/Medium/Fine to override most off.

You can set specific elements of a Family to be shown/hidden in specific Detail Levels in the Project by selecting the element(s) in the Family Editor and clicking on Visibility/Graphics Overrides under Properties. You can then, for example, set the Extrusions and 3D geometry to be hidden at Coarse, and then create simple Detail/Model Lines and set them to be shown only on Coarse.

I s here an option to add separate view for NON project Related Families?

The thread I pointed you to is a discussion about the use of imported CAD details versus creating them in Revit. You can also search these forums for much more info on this topic.

The typical practice is to import the AutoCAD detail into a Drafting View. The trouble is that a Drafting View cannot be cropped, so each Detail will be on its own Drafting View, and subsequently split into its own CAD file. If you have a multi-detail CAD file containing many 2D Details, a work-around is to import the CAD file into a blank* Plan View with the option "Current View Only". That way, you can crop and create dependent Views.

*A blank plan would be created with a new Floor Plans based on any Level and then turning off all Model and Annotation Categories under Visibility/Graphics.

I will not be able to Share families but i can create snapshot to make it more clear?

Snapshots and a good explanation of what kind of Family is this and what you're trying to do will help. I suggest starting a new thread for this question since it is so different from the other two questions. This thread will become muddled trying to have multiple conversations at once.